PRINCIPAL OFFICE: DALLAS, TEXAS: (214) 670-9989 | TOLL FREE: (866) 670-9989

Texas Car Wreck Lawyers

Car wrecks are probably the most common cause of injury and death. Our office is in Dallas, but we represent people beyond the Dallas-Fort Worth and North Texas areas. We are willing to review an auto accident injury or death case arising anywhere in Texas.


Texas law, since January 1, 2011, requires drivers to obtain automobile liability insurance with a minimum “30/60/25” liability coverage policy.  A minimum liability policy provides coverage for $30,000 per injured person, up to a total of $60,000 for all injured persons, and $25,000 for property damage.

A typical Texas personal automobile policy provides a total of eight types of coverage (including legally-required liability coverage):

  1. Liability – provides coverage for accidents caused by drivers covered under the insured’s policy, up to the policy limits.  Liability coverage can assist with payment for items including medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle repairs, and automobile rental.
  2. Medical Payments – provides coverage for medical and funeral bills resulting from an accident for the insured, insured’s family members, and passengers in the insured’s vehicle (regardless of who was at fault).
  3. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – provides coverage generally the same as that for medical payments, but it also can pay a portion of lost income and the cost of hiring a caregiver for an injured person.  An insurance company must offer at least $2,500.00 in PIP coverage.  A person must reject PIP coverage in writing.
  4. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – provides coverage for expenses resulting from an accident caused by an uninsured driver or a driver without sufficient insurance coverage.  It also pays for hit-and-run accidents (if promptly reported to the police).  UM/UIM bodily injury coverage pays (with no deductible) for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and permanent or partial disability.  UM/UIM property damage coverage pays for vehicle repairs, vehicle rental, and items damaged in a vehicle.
  5. Collision – provides coverage for damage to the insured’s vehicle as a result of a collision.  It pays for repair or replacement, regardless of who was driving or who was at fault.
  6. Comprehensive – provides coverage for damage to the insured’s vehicle for other-than-collision incidents.  It pays for repair or replacement of a vehicle stolen or damaged by fire, vandalism, hail, or another non-collision cause.  It also pays for a rental vehicle if a vehicle is stolen.
  7. Towing and Labor  – provides coverage for towing charges when a vehicle cannot be driven.
  8. Rental Reimbursement – provides coverage for a rental vehicle if a vehicle if stolen or is being repaired for covered damages.

Contact Us

If you or someone you know has been injured in an auto accident, contact us for a case evaluation.  You can complete the “Contact Us” form above, or you can reach us at (214) 670-9989 or (866) 670-9989 (toll-free). If you would prefer to give more detailed information about your case, and you don’t have time to discuss it by telephone, feel free to complete this detailed case-submission form – personal injury case submission form.