There are many ways that you could cover or pay for medical bills incurred due to a car accident. When you meet with your Dallas car accident attorney, be sure to mention what insurance coverage you may have available.
The following types of insurance policy might cover you if you are qualified:
- Health insurance coverage through an employer.
- Health policy that you purchased for yourself.
- Health insurance coverage through a spouse if you are married or through a parent if you are a student or under the age of 27 and living with your parents.
- Workers’ compensation insurance if your car accident happened while you were working and if the driving was part of your work.
- Your own automobile insurance policy if you have medical payments insurance coverage.
- The driver’s automobile insurance policy if you were a passenger in a vehicle that experienced an accident.
If you are uninsured and financially able to do so, you can pay your own medical bills as they are incurred.
All of the above payment methods would cover you as you are billed for medical services. If the person or company who caused your injuries is covered by liability insurance, your bills could be paid by them, but only after a settlement has been reached. Many doctors and hospitals are willing to wait for payment until resolution of your Dallas car accident case, but let them know in advance.
Car accidents can be incredibly stressful, especially if you have an injury. You must deal with insurance companies, answer phone calls, and figure out what you should do. If you have been injured, contact the law offices of Dallas car accident attorney Dean Malone to ensure that you receive fair treatment in your case. Call (214) 670-9989 for more information.
- Guest Contributor