Early Thursday morning, July 13, 2017, a fatal motorcycle crash occurred in Dallas, Texas, on West Davis Street. According to the Dallas Police Department, a man was driving on the 3500 block of the street when the bike hit a curb. A female passenger was also on the bike. Both riders fell off of the motorcycle, and the bike came to a full stop on Fort Worth Avenue in the center median. Both were transported to Methodist Dallas Medical Center. There, the woman was pronounced dead. Police said the man who had been driving the motorcycle was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, and he was arrested on a charge of intoxication assault. He was hospitalized under police guard after the deadly motorcycle crash.
Driving with a blood alcohol level (BAC) of .08% or more is against the law in all 50 states.. A drunk driver puts everyone on the road at risk. Laws have changed gradually through the years, for the purpose of trying to reduce incidents of drunk driving. The following is information about the dangers of drinking and driving:
- Alcohol has an effect on such motor skills as hand, eye, and foot coordination. Many people with too much alcohol in their system even have a difficult time finding their vehicle and putting the keys in the ignition.
- Reaction times slow down, as a result of alcohol consumption. The chances of being in an accident are increased, since a drunk driver is unable to respond to situations in enough time to prevent a collision.
- The ability to concentrate is significantly affected by alcohol, which makes it difficult to perform the multiple tasks involved in driving, such as heeding traffic signals, maintaining proper speed, staying in your own lane, and avoiding collisions with other vehicles.
- Judgment is inhibited by alcohol, as well, which can result in bad decisions being made while driving.
- Vision can become blurred as a result of drinking alcohol. Obviously, it’s difficult to drive safely without the ability to see clearly.
As with every post on this website, we are only providing information in this post and do not make any allegation or assertion that anyone acted inappropriately or engaged in misconduct.